Wednesday, May 2, 2012

18 weeks

Oh my how the time is flying and the belly is growing...
No wonder they call this trimester the babymoon of pregnancy!


18 weeks, 4 days



How far along? 18 weeks, 4 days- almost half way there!
Total weight gain/loss:  more than I'd like to admit... up 12 pounds already
How big is baby? The size of a mango, 6 inches, about half a pound
Maternity clothes? I've officially outgrown almost all of my pre-pregnancy jeans. When I'm not at work I'm definitely in pajama pants or maternity pants/shorts. I'm investing in a Bella Band so I can continue to wear my work pants that fit everywhere else comfortably except for the button.
Stretch marks? No
Symptoms: nothing lately
Sleep: sleeping great
Best moment this week: feeling my little man thump all around inside. What an amazing feeling! Last Thursday (at 17 weeks) I laid down and felt him moving around inside, so I put my hand on my stomach to try to see if I could feel him on the other side and I felt him thump my hand! I was so excited. Since then I've felt him dancing around or kicking a little each day. 
Miss Anything? unrelated to the pregnancy, I'm missing my husband! Can't wait to see him home from his new job this weekend!
Movement: Yes! My little tyke is bouncing all around my womb all the time. Especially after I eat something sweet.
Food cravings/aversions: Aversions to grilled or baked fish. No major cravings
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with a side of moody. 
Weekly Wisdom: never purchase a high dollar item at Sears. Talk about a nightmare experience trying to get our crib from them! The first time it arrived, it was completely scratched up and dented from the shipment. So after 3 hours in the store trying to get it returned and a new one sent without having to pay for shipping twice, (apparently they have a very hard time in the system returning a $130 shipping charge), they finally returned the old one and we ordered it again. The second crib came to us with no hardware to put it together. After 3 phone calls to Sears to try to get them to send the hardware, and three weeks later when I called back to ask what the status was of my hardware, I find out that they had notes in their system that I had cancelled the order and refused delivery... While I don't know where they got that information, it certainly wasn't me that cancelled it anything. At that point, I was so frustrated that we will be returning this crib and starting all over!
I ordered a new one from Zulily.com and got a pretty good deal on it, so I'm really praying that this is the winner! 
Looking forward to: my 20 week ultrasound



No comments:

Post a Comment