Saturday, March 10, 2012

8-9 weeks picture plus ultrasound


Picture taken: 8 weeks and 3 days
February 19th, 2012







Date of ultrasound: February 22nd, 2012

Gestational age: 8 weeks, 6 days

Crown to rump measurement: 1.97 cm

Gestational age based on measurement: 8 weeks 4 days

Due date: September 27th, 2012

Heart Rate: 179 bpm- FAST! It's a little high based on what I'm reading online for average heart rates at that age, but the ultrasound technician said that it was healthy, and online advice is reassuring, stating that if the baby was moving then it's heart rate will go up, so I'm not worried!

Gender: won't know until around Mother's Day. Talk about the best Mother's Day gift ever!

Who was there: Michael and me. I'm so thankful to have a husband that wanted to be a part of that. I know he wants to be a part of all of the ultrasounds with me, so I feel pretty great about that! I love having an involved husband for something this important.

Movement: we did see a couple of squirms! Our little peanut did what looked similar to a full body stretch. It was absolutely adorable and breathtaking to see it move!

Highlight of the ultrasound: Watching our baby move and of course, the heartbeat, both really solidified the reality that there is LIFE growing inside me. Also, seeing images where it really looked human. This picture doesn't do it justice at all, there were shots where our peanut had arms and legs and a head, which this picture doesn't reflect at all. I'm very happy that we got the DVD though, because the moment of movement as well as angles of the ultrasound where it looked more human than blob are priceless! I've already watched it at least 5 times, and can't help but get a huge smile painted on my face each time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment