Monday, March 19, 2012

12 week picture plus ultrasound


2nd Trimester, baby!


3/19/2012

How far along? 12 Weeks, 4 Days
Total weight gain/loss: 4 lbs (from 111 to 115)
How big is baby? about the size of a plum (2.5 inches)
Maternity clothes? The whole wardrobe has been purchased! See "Best moment this week." Wearing maternity shirt and pants in this picture.
Stretch marks? No
Symptoms: headaches- I had a lot of headaches a few weeks ago but they mostly went away. I've had one following me all day today though!
Sleep: Sleeping well at night other than my nightly potty trips, stupid newly-dysfunctional bladder
Best moment this week: My mom and I took a road trip to Waco to go see my Aunts and cousins. It was so wonderful getting to see everybody, I haven't seen them in years. My aunts and mom blessed me (aka, spoiled the hell out of me) with a complete wardrobe from Motherhood Maternity when we took a shopping trip there for me to try on a bunch of outfits. I'm set for the rest of the pregnancy!
Miss Anything? Sushi
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings/aversions: Craving watermelon, aversions to grilled fish
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing at the moment
Have you started to show yet: To those that know me, yes. Michael kept staring at my tummy last night, with a big smile saying "That's our baby in there!" Looking at my bloated bump. :)
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both, depends on the day. Mostly happy, but somewhat emotional 
Weekly Wisdom: Make sure to EAT shortly after you wake up when pregnant. I learned my lesson on Sunday morning. I woke up at 8 with a growling tummy but didn't eat anything and went back to sleep for a bit. At 10 I started cooking french toast and eggs for my aunt, mom, and cousin. A little after 11, I was finishing cooking my eggs, and started feeling like I was going to pass out and vomit. I asked my mom if she could finish the eggs for me because I needed to sit down. They told me my face turned red, then quickly lost all its color and my lips turned white. I started shaking then felt very hot and started sweating. I started eating french toast as soon as I could, and started feeling better. My blood sugar got too low too fast. My baby was mad at me for not feeding it soon enough, and sure did let me know about that! 
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender and feeling the baby move!






Date of ultrasound: March 19th, 2012

Gestational age: 12 weeks, 4 days


Crown to rump measurement: 6.32 cm


Gestational age based on measurement: 12 weeks, 5 days


Due date: September 27th, 2012


Heart Rate: 153 bpm


Gender: TBD


Who was there: Michael and me. 


Movement: Our baby was moving all around, such a squirmer!


Highlight of the ultrasound: Getting to see how big he or she has gotten. It looks very much like a baby now. Cute little arms and legs, and look at those LIPS! One pretty awesome little baby! Also, I measured the baby (crown to rump) in the ultrasound picture, and it happens to be exactly the size (6.32 cm) that the baby actually is, meaning the picture I have is actually to scale! I held it against my tummy to try to wrap my mind around it. Pretty crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment