Thursday, September 13, 2012

38 weeks

38 weeks



How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  151- 40 pounds! OOPS.
How big is baby? 7ish pounds
Maternity clothes? oooohhh yes
Stretch marks? sadly, I didn't escape the pregnancy gods of this unfortunate mark of honor
Symptoms: RLS and heartburn, slightly high blood pressure.
Sleep: HORRIBLE. I've been having a horrible time going to sleep at night, then have been waking up at about 3 and have not been able to go back to sleep until about 7 AM!
Best moment this week: getting to see my maternity pictures! They turned out so cute, if I don't say so myself. Also, knowing that this is the LAST week! We plan to induce on the 21st, so the countdown is on!
Miss Anything? stomach sleeping, I would be able to get to sleep so much faster if I could get back to that!
Movement: Yes, still a squirmy little guy
Anything making you queasy or sick: no, but I have felt nauseous a couple of times these past couple weeks.
Have you started to show yet: I look like I swallowed a basketball.
Gender: Boy
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks
Belly Button in or out? slightly out
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy but tired
Weekly Wisdom: TBD
Looking forward to: next week! D- day is next Friday, if we are lucky!

Highlights of the pregnancy: Some of the best things I've heard along the way:
From the ladies at Destination Maternity when shopping for maternity clothes at 36 weeks: "I keep expecting you to pull a basketball out from under your shirt and say "Just kidding!"
"You don't look pregnant from the back!"
Michael and I were walking through the mall in LA and a guy working at a smokeless cigarette kiosk had his head down then when we passed by, looked up and before thinking asked us "Excuse me, do you smoke?"   "Yes, could I bum one off you?"- at 35 weeks pregnant.
From someone at a furniture store: "You are having a girl, right?" Me: "No, boy." Her: "No you're not! It's a girl! That thing is going to fall off!"
"Did you swallow a watermelon seed?" from a customer at work




No comments:

Post a Comment