Monday, June 25, 2012

26 weeks 4 days 
LAST few days of the 2nd trimester!!!



How far along? 26 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/loss:  holy cow! I'm a cow. 138ish. 27 whole pounds up from the start.... what an awful number. Not where I wanted to be at 26 weeks, but at the end of the pregnancy. I guess I need to step away from the desserts and pick up a carrot. or maybe the scale is broken. yeah I think that's what happened.
How big is baby? length of a cucumber- 2.2 pounds. speaking of cucumbers.....
Maternity clothes? yes! goodbye regular pants for good, for now.
Stretch marks? Nada
Symptoms: having some major back pain. I guess that comes with being a fatty. I started going back to the chiro today but I've got to figure out how to get this under control. If I've got 13.5 weeks left, assuming I'm only going to get more top heavy from here on out, this is not looking like good news for my poor back. A couple of weeks ago (since I've been missing my updates for a while now..) he was sitting on my sciatic nerve for a few days. That was the most painful symptom I've had yet. If you've never experienced sciatica, don't discredit the amount of pain it causes a pregnant woman. This was so intense it actually moved me to tears when I tried moving positions, just slightly after laying down for a few minutes.
Sleep: pretty good, as long as I am surrounded by pillows that I can contort to my constantly adjusting needs
Best moment this week: Well again, since I've missed several updates I'll go back to two weeks ago. On 6/9/12, my little brother got married! I have a new sister-in-law, and my baby has a new aunt before he's even here! My family from Waco came down for the wedding and stayed to visit us for the weekend. I had a blast getting to hang out with them.
On the pregnancy side of things: it's so cool to see my baby moving in my tummy, even more so to feel it. 
Miss Anything? my regular pants. I'm having a tough time finding maternity pants that I like. Most have that ugly stretchy elastic that goes up to your navel. If you've never been pregnant, that sh is HOT, and not comfortable. And rolling it down doesn't work either. Yes, these are real pregnancy dilemmas. Oh and my regular back. 
Movement: All the time. This little baby has an agenda! Dancing, rolling, flipping all day long.
Food cravings/aversions: nothing noticeable, other than my sweet tooth
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Have you started to show yet: Ya think?
Gender: Baby boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but not for long....
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: well........ kinda moody! this little guy's been messing with my hormones something awful.
Weekly Wisdom: Baths with Epsom salt (Dr. Teal's Eucalyptus to be exact) really help alleviate the strain on my back, at least for little bit. Plus, great reading time. Candles, jelly beans, glass of wine... oh wait, those were the before-pregnancy baths. Replace the wine with water and a round belly and you've got today's baths.
Looking forward to: finding maternity pants that don't suck. thanks, Victoria, for the lack of selection. 

Looking back at my earlier blog, I have to laugh at myself for thinking I had a bump to show off at 11 weeks. I saw it at the time, but compared to now there was nothing there. Funny how we see ourselves in a different mirror than everyone else. 
Oh and one more thing- We have decided on a name for our little Linchkin. We actually decided on our way back from the 16 week gender determination ultrasound, but have been waiting to announce it. We have started announcing it to family, friends, and people that ask, but not on public forums such as Facebook, or blogs. We figured we'd keep one little surprise for when he gets here!


No comments:

Post a Comment